Understanding your Chest Freezer Indicator Lamps
- Power - Green Indicator Lamp: it will always be going when the power is turned on to the unit
- Fast Freezing - Orange Indicator Switch: if turned on this will be in a state of fast freezing, once cold turn off or the compressor will continually run.
- Alarm - Red Indicator Lamp: low temperature alarm light, it will turn on when the temperature of the unit is higher than -12°.
Temperature inside the freezer is too warm
- Temperature control not set correctly. Adjust and allow several hours for the temperature to stabilize.
- Door is kept open too long or is opened too frequently.
- The door is not closed completely.
- Has the Fast Freeze switch been turned on and tried?
- A large amount of warm or hot food has been stored recently. Allow the freezer to reach its selected temperature.
- Is the alarm light on? If you have checked through the Frequently Asked Questions and your unit is still too warm, please take precaution for your food until a registered Acqua Service Agent is able to service your unit.
Ice building up in the unit
- Is the unit still sealing well - place a torch in the unit to see if you can see light from the unit when the lid is down. The seals on these units are designed to be taken in and out for cleaning so it may need to be re-positioned.
- Your unit may need to be defrosted.
Temperature inside the freezer is too cold
Temperature control not set correctly.
Metal parts are expanding and contracting – this sound is normal.
Refrigerant is circulating throughout the system. This is normal
Condensation on exterior
- Door is slightly open, causing cold air from inside the freezer to meet warm moist air from outside.
- Condensation may condense during hot and humid days or depending on the place of installation.
- Do not place chest freezer on carpet. Condensation may condense on the exterior surface during hot/humid days. This may cause mould on carpet.
Moisture on inside of freezer walls
- Weather is hot and humid, which increases internal rate of frost build-up. This is normal.
- Door is slightly open.
- Door is kept open too long or opened too frequently. Open the door less often.
- Check the floor underneath the freezer sturdy and level.
- The freezer is touching the wall. Re-level the freezer and move it from the wall.
Temperature on the outside and rear side of the freezer is hot/warm
In normal operation, the freezer transfers heat from inside to outside of the cabinet. It is normal for the side and rear of the freezer to feel warm/hot while operating. This will be more noticeable during start up and hot ambient conditions.
Freezer does not operate
- Check plugged in
- The circuit breaker has tripped or there is a blown fuse
- Check that the temperature control is set correctly
The motor seems to run too much
- The room temperature is hotter than normal.
- A large amount of food has been added to the freezer.
- The door has been opened for period of time or is opened often.
- The temperature control is not set correct – see instruction manual.
- Check freezer has the correct clearances – see instruction manual. The freezer has recently been disconnected for a period of time. Four hours are required for the freezer to cool down completely.
- The door is not sealing correctly, ensure the cabinet is level and the gasket seals are clean.